.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Monday, February 14, 2005

Basketball in Vancouver: Part II

So, there we are playing bball and what do you know? People come up and ask up to play a game. Reluctantly, I agree since my friends wanted to play (2 came out. Let's call them Chem and Paint). I don't mind, cause they love the game and who am I to deprive them of that pleasure?

Three people from China (Mandarin speaking) and the three of us (English speaking) play a game. It's alright. The guy I'm checking is kinda chubby and not very good looking. Totally not the hot jock I was expecting to check! But I make the best of it.

After the game, I am ready to quit. I'm was totally not into it. My 2 friends contine to play and I watch from the sidelines. I totally don't mind just watching. I think I have a much better time observing the testosterone overtake friendly competition.

The game gets pretty heated as Chem and this not unattractive boy from Bejing get in some disagreements. No basketball brawls or anything, but it was intersting to see how these guys resolve or not resolve their problems on the court.

Long story short, Chem hurts his ankle and is out for the game. I suggest going to a local food establishment to get some ice. These people who work at this "restaurant" are total assholes. I had to beg before they would allow me to get a little bit of ice for my injured friend. They said, "we're not a charity!". Well, with that kind of customer appreciation, I'm sure I won't ever be going back to that restaurant again! How much could a couple cubes of ice possible be worth compared to the human suffereing than might ensue had I not gotten the ice. I mean, come on, some places shove the ice into my drink despite me asking them not to!

Oh yeah, today's Valentines day. I'll be spending it tonight with someone I love. Myself. Hahah. Take that to mean whatever you want. I'm not going to sulk around and feel sorry that I don't have someone to spend this hallmark created occassion with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home