.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Nostalgia & Batman DVD's

Yesterday was a big day for Batman on DVD. Not only did Batman Begins come out but the Batman Anthology as well. Suffice to say, all the films, new and old, are in my collection now.

I spend yesterday watching Begins again as well as mining the special features. Today I started in on the older Batman films. I still can't believe that it's been 16 years since the first Batman film came out. I still remember going to Capitol Six on Granville Street with my mom and brother to catch a matinee.

Did I mention that I also bought the video cassette of the original Batman film when it came out years ago. Back then, it was uncommon for new films to release their videos at "sell-though" prices. The majority of videos back then cost about $100. This was done in order to ensure that video rental places had a significant window of time to "rent" the films out to people. Since they were priced so high, people were discouraged from purchasing and instead rent. But Batman changed all that.

The video cost me $25 back then and I watched it soooo many time from then on. I still have it, though it's a little worse for wear. Now along with the invention of dvd's, new releases can be had for as little as $15 and be considerably more superior to their video cousins.

It brings back so many memories just rewatching these older batman films. Did I also mention that I saw Batman Forever in the theater about 8 times!? Well....I did. But it was way cheaper back then to see a movie, especially when you're a child and you catch an afternoon showing. I even saw it once at a dollar theatre on Granville. So many memories...Time to watch the special features!

1 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU SAW IT 8 TIMES IN THE THEATRE??????

%!$#@$!#@

i was at circuit city today returning a pair of headphones and i got bits of batman again. i think i like it, a lot. it's one artsy film :)

write me boy, i miss you. and today i got news that i was selected for the english teacher scheme in hk, so if all goes well i'll be leaving in jan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home