.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Fast Metabolism: A Gift or a Curse?


I'm a pretty slight guy. I'm about 6 feet tall but weight around 118 pounds. All the men in my family are similarly as thin. It's not like I eat healthy foods. I eat pizzas and hamburgers without a care in the world. Unfortunately, I don't gain a pound as a result of it. My brother eats a lot more than me, but he's just as skinny.

What's the problem here? I've recently been trying to gain some weight. It's always been something I'd like to do, but I've just never had the motivation to do it. But a couple weeks ago, something click in me. I had a strong desire and motivation to gain some weight. Perhaps it was seeing all these buff guys in the gym that finally pushed me over the edge. I always feel so embarrassed working out next to these muscular men. It's intimidating.

My routine for the past week and a half has been to supplement my meals with protein shakes. The amount of milk I've been drinking in a week has been more than I usually drink in a few months...and that's only after a week! I down about 2 litres in a day and a half! In the past, the carton would have lasted me at least 3 weeks.

I'm trying to think positively, but also realistically. I'm aiming to gain at least 5 pounds this month. That might not sound like much, but I found out that it's next to impossible for me to break the 120lb mark. I'm hoping that this time I'll be successful.

Wish me luck! Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home