.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Shopping Withdrawal

Currently, I'm typing this from my bed. I've been incapacitated ever since this afternoon. I woke up this morning feeling a little light-headed. I'm not even sure now what brought this on. I'm guessing it's a head cold or something likely as insignificant.

This morning, not heeding the warnings my body was telling me, I drove down to The Comicshop on West 4th for their annual half-price sale. I was hoping to get some good deals on some figures that I had passed up for one reason or another. Unfortunately I left the store empty handed. Nothing really caught my eye. I was actually contemplating buying something just for the heck of it...after all, I did wake up early just to go to this thing. But my better judgment got the best of me and I placed the pity purchase back on the pegs.

Seeing as I drove all the way to the Westend with nothing to show for it, I figured I might as well drop off at Little Sisters to check if they had any new issues of Xodus or XY. I get down to Davie Street, which feels totally different when you're driving down it rather than walking, and pull into the store's parking lot. Not five minutes later, I leave the store with the same feeling of dissatisfaction.

While inside the store, I see two guys standing in the aisle that I need to get through. I pass by them and hear that they're speaking mandarin. As I leave the store I pass by the same couple again, but as I am about to pass them, they give me the strangest look. A look of resentment. I'm not exactly sure what I did to deserve this glare. Maybe it's because they feared I was listening in on their conversation. In all honesty, I had absolutely no idea what they were saying as I don't speak mandarin!

Anyway, I guess I should have just stayed home today and gotten some rest. Apparently I would not have missed much, and maybe I would not be feeling so dizzy right now...maybe it's because I didn't get my fix of shopping today. One can only take so much disappointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home