.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Scared of my own shadow

There's this guy in my program who's gay. Everyone knows he's gay and he's proud of it. The problem is, he thinks I'm straight. I guess I sort of led him to believe this, but I was still very much in the closet when I first met him, so you can't really blame me...Can you?

It's been two years since I've met this guy and yet I still can't get the balls to tell him I'm queer. Today was the perfect example. I had actually planned to tell him today, but chickened out at the last minute. I'm not sure what I'm scared of...it's not like he'll freak out or anything...I mean, he's gay as well! And it's not like I want to date him (I wouldn't mind, but I value his friendship more)...it's rather that I want him to show me the ropes...introduce me to people. Stuff like that.

Maybe I just don't know how to bring it up. "By the way, I'm not straight." Hmm...that's as good as way as any I guess. Maybe next week when I arrange to "accidentally" run into him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home