.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Reefer Madness...Sort of

I've always been curious about marijuana. Is it as trippy as the film "Reefer Madness" makes it out to be? Having never done any illegal drugs, never smoked, and rarely drank alcohol, I had absolutely nothing but what I had seen in movies to base my expectations on.

Totally of my free will, I tried it tonight with a friend (Don't be a victim to peer pressure kids!) and unlike Bill Clinton, I inhaled. The effects were less euphoric then I had hoped. I actually didn't feel much of anything...although I seemed to be more irritated, but that could have been due to something else.

The whole experience was kind of anti-climactic. I guess nothing could really live up to the hype I was giving it. It's like a highly anticipated blockbuster movie. Sometimes your hopes for a kick-ass flick make an actually pretty good flick seem more disappointing than if you went in without any preconceived notions. Maybe I was just expecting too much from "smoking weed" and this disappointment in effect jaded my experience.

In any case, I think this will be my first and final foray into recreational drugs. It's just not my cup of tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home