.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Bit the Bullet

So today after my meeting with my advisor, I stuck around campus in my attempt to "run into" my gay friend which I'll call CMG. We and a couple other friends chatted for half an hour about the Amazing Race and Wife Swap :-)

Anyway, about 5 minutes before his class I got him alone and told him I'm gay:

PW: "I want to tell you something."
CMG: "Sure!"
(5 seconds of silence)
CMG: "What is it? You're starting to scare me."
PW: "I don't know why I didn't tell you this sooner, but..."
CMG: "You are?"
PW: "Yes."
CMG: "That's cool."

It was as simple as that. I didn't even have to say the words. He knew exactly what I was trying desperately to spit out.

I don't know why I was so afraid to tell him. But now that I have, I feel a tremendous sense of freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home