.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Cash: Don't leave home without it

Yesterday I had lunch with LF after my meeting with my advisor. We end up at a little Japanese restaurant on Broadway near Cambie. After we ordered, I realized that I didn't have any cash on me. But I wasn't really worried cause I thought such a restaurant would probably take credit...or debit.

I ask LF, "Hey do you think they take credit here? I didn't bring any cash!" She looks around and says, "probably". Then she asks the waitress, "Do you only accept cash here?" to which the happy reply was "YES. Only cash." LF and I look at each other for a second, then we both scramble for our wallets to double check if we have enough cash. Luckily, she had $13 and some change, and I, being the gentleman that I am, chip in with $1 that I found hidden in the recesses of my wallet.

Suffice to say, we didn't have to wash any dishes. We had JUST enough. On a side note, the food was pretty good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home