.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Friday, April 29, 2005

Whiny Fanboys

There's a ton of discussion around the new Superman and his suit. Most of it is negative whining from disgruntled fanboys saying that he looks nothing like Superman and that the suit sucks. I read though many of these posts on various forums, it was like looking at a train wreak. I just couldn't take my eyes away. It's amazing how riled up these people can get from just one picture.

I say reserve judgment until you actually see the movie, or at the very least, a trailer for the movie. Some people are saying that they should have cast a guy who's built like Arnold, and not some skinny kid. I don't know about you, but he doesn't look like a "skinny kid". And as for the idea of casting a bodybuilder or stuntman just cause he looks the part? Forget that, I'd rather have a cast of actors that can actually ACT! I don't want just action, but a real story. These fanboys are complaining about ALL the casting choices! What do they want? Just a mindless action movie like "Batman & Robin"??!!

Personally, I have my concerns about the suit, but as for casting choices, I'll reserve my judgment till AFTER I see the finished product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home