.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I got some work done!

Finally, I was able to sit down and work on my thesis data. I simplified the number of variables as well as completed the value labels on the items! Now I won't be confused about the recoded items I did weeks ago!

What pisses me off is that none of my distributions are particularly normal. But I guess that's the way life is...nothing ever is as simple as in the examples in class :-(

My main concern is whether I can still use linear OLS regression with these non-normally distributed scale variables?....I guess I'll have to talk to my advisor about this. I ran a linear regression just for fun on my data sets and unfortunately, none of the relationships that I hypothesized were significant...this is a real downer, because it would mean that my theory is incorrect. At least I can take comfort in knowing that this is just the process of science and being unable to reject the null hypothesis is not the end of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home