.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Happenstance

Sometimes things have a freaky way of working themselves out.

Way back in 1993, DC Comics decided to kill off Superman. When it came time to collect that storyline into a graphic novel, I was one of the first in line to buy a copy. As it turned out, the entire storyline of Superman’s death and his return became a three-part arc with three different graphic novels released.

I had only purchased the first one: The Death of Superman.



A couple months ago, my best friend went to a conference in another city and visited a used bookstore. In this store, he bought a copy of a Superman graphic novel for me. It turned out to be the second book in the trilogy: A World Without A Superman.



I was pretty excited because it had been 13 years since I had bought the preceding chapter. Now I had the second part of the story. I was more than happy at that point.

Just yesterday, another friend of mine was getting ready to move to another country. Before she left, she gave me a graphic novel…a Superman graphic novel. It turned out to be none other than The Return of Superman, the final chapter of the trilogy.



In my mind I was shocked. These two friends did not know what the other one had given me before, and neither of them knew that I had only the first chapter of the storyline. Some of you might not find this particularly strange…but I did.

So now, after 13 years, all three books are lined up on my shelf. The trilogy is complete. The strange coincidences that occur in life… Thank you, my dear friends.

1 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahhaha....
this is pretty wicked i say.
yeah, i saw the shock on your face. this all probably points to some significance in our relationship :P
btw, i'm in hk now, safe and sound. gonna go sleep :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home