.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Hanged For Being Gay

I stumbled onto this news story that was making the rounds today. Two Iranian boys (16 and 18) were executed for being gay. I felt weak and nauseous when I read this story. A part of me wanted it to be a bad joke because it just sounded totally ridiculous.

But that was just wishful thinking. Perhaps it was just denial kicking in. In the back of my mind, I knew it was true. I'm horrified, saddened and angered. Those boys didn't deserve to die.

I met this guy a couple years ago who was working at UBC hospital. He was Iranian. He was thinking of going back to school to get his Ph.D in Psychology. We got to talking numerous times where he told me about his family and how some were still back in Iran. He said he wanted to go back to Iran to see his family again. At the time, this comment was taken for granted by me. Now that I think about it, I hope that he does get to see his family again, but I also hope that he gets back to Canada safely afterwards.

Read the story HERE.
More details can be found HERE as well as some message board reactions.

1 Comments:

At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very informative. I hope to see more in the near future

 

Post a Comment

<< Home