.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Wasps!

A couple days ago, my neighbors and I noticed that both our properties has wasp nests. We stupidly tried to get rid of them but now the wasps has congregated in the attic of my home. They burrowed a small hole in the wall and this morning they began crawling out!

Creepy...like a scene in a horror movie, there were dozens of them. Apparently, if you kill one of them, they emit a pheromone that alerts other wasps to come to the rescue! I'm amazed at how smart they are.

I'm going to wait until dusk to tackle this problem because that's when they are less active and the majority of them are in their nest. Hopefully their new nest is near the hole that they made in the wall. If this is so, some wasp Raid in the hole should take care of the problem.

In the event that it should fail, I've already called an exterminator but he won't be able to come by for an estimate till Saturday. That's a long time to wait!

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home