.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Monday, June 20, 2005

Batman Truly Begins

In an attempt to keep my mind off other matters, I went to see Batman Begins on Wednesday with EL. Finally, a Batman movie that takes it source material seriously.

The original Tim Burton Batman was good, but the director's style was just so overwhelming. This time, with director Christopher Nolan the story is centred on Bruce Wayne. A welcome change from the previous movies focus on the wacky villains.

In this film, characters have motivations that are explored. It's really a psychological film more than an summer action blockbuster (although it does have those thrilling moments).

If you haven't seen it yet, see it soon. I already saw it twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home