.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Saturday, June 11, 2005

The Trouble with Friends

Sometimes friends can really piss you off, more so than strangers ever will.

Case in point, I have this friend who I always feel like I'm walking on pins and needles when I'm with him. He's got a "foot up his ass" temper that can go off at any time.

Sometimes he would say something serious, but when he doesn't like our reactions, he says it was just a joke, and is mad that we couldn't tell the difference. Seriously, he can be totally happy, but suddenly be pissed with no obvious reason.

Tonight, he makes a remark-totally serious tone-we react and then he retracts it saying, "Couldn't you tell I was joking?!" All the while, he was pissed off that we could not distinguish it as a joke.... The problem is, NO we can't tell when you're joking! How the hell are we suppose to know when you act like you're fucking bi-polar!

I make a similar remark in the same vein tonight, and he goes and takes it like it's the most serious thing I ever said. I told him it was a joke, but no....he over reacts. Fine. Whatever. Do what you want. You're an adult. I'm just tired of all the bullshit.

1 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Peg Warmer said...

Yeah, I think you're right. It was written in the heat of the moment.

After going over it in my head for a couple days I figured I would just apologize to him because we've been friends for a long time. Unfortunately, as mentioned in my next post, he pretty much dismissed my apology. I felt worse after saying I was sorry to him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home