.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Monday, June 20, 2005

After one week...

Well, it's been a week since I tried apologizing to my friend. None of those guys I usually hang out with have called me in the past week. Similarly, as more time passes, I feel less inclined to call them as well. I really don't want our friendship to end this way, but I already offered my olive branch. If they don't want to accept it, then I'm not going to force them.

The thing that occurred to me last night was that if this is the reaction I get from those guys from a misunderstanding of anger, then how will they react when I truly get a little pissed at them in the future?! Friends will inevitably argue because we're all individuals with different opinions, but if their reaction is to simply cut me out of their lives, then I guess it proves that they weren't really good friends in the first place.

Fortunately, I have to give a thanks to EL who I met last Saturday. She's been extremely supportive and a much needed changed from my regular guy friends. EL's an awesome photographer from what I hear. She really has to show me some of her work very soon! ;-)

I've had many supportive emails this past week and I'm truly grateful. I don't know why it took me so long to reach out to the larger queer community in Vancouver. I hope to keep in contact with many of those people who offered me supportive words.

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... i'm actually worthy of a mention in initials, not like a label of who i am (i.e. LF)

yeah, i saw this coming too (like from our first conversation in the car!!)... but i think, if not now, then it's gotta happen eventually anyway, eh.

you're welcome, by the way :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home