.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Proud to be Canadian

Tomorrow is Canada Day. A time to be proud of being Canadian. Unfortunately some feel differently after the recent political events.

I was reading the editorials in the paper today about same-sex marriage. A man stated that he used to be proud to be a Canadian, but after yesterday he is now ashamed to be Canadian.

It is unfortunate that this person feels ashamed when Canada recognizes the rights of minorities. I'm sure this person was also ashamed when segregation was eliminated.

Another opinion stated that they feared for their religious freedom (Despite the fact that religious freedoms will still be protected under the new changes). I don't believe that this is the real motivating factor for their opposition to same-sex marriage.

It is simply because they hate gays and lesbians. Unfortunately that piece of truth would not win them much support. They are only using the argument of religious freedom because it sound LESS absurd.

I don't know about you, but I'm proud to be Canadian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home