.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Hilton Family Bullshit

I was flipping thought the channels tonight and I came across the show "I Want to be a Hilton". It's sort of like the Apprentice but with Kathy Hilton (Paris' mom) as host. A group of people compete for a chance to live the "high life".

The thing that bugged me was that it wasn't enough that this woman was flaunting her wealth and "so-called" knowledge of high society, but that she seemed to enjoy dangling a carrot in front of these contestants. The show made it seem like the only important things in life were dinner parties and fake smiles.

During the "elimination" segment, a contestant commented on another contestant's form of dress, saying she dressed too sexy. Kathy Hilton comments in a condescending tone that this girl needed to watch her sexuality. HELLO!? Has she met her own daughter? Maybe she should save that tone for Paris instead.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know... sickening eh? That is exactly what's wrong with this bloody world. I may be poor, but at least I will have my integrity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home