.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peg Warming: The Story Of My Life

A peg warmer is an action figure that was over-ordered and is now hanging dusty in some discount aisle. Perhaps it's my sick mind, but I think the term is hinting at something sexual. I make no claims that these posts are interesting or even worthy of your time. Read at your own risk!

Monday, August 01, 2005

Vancouver Pride 2005


On Saturday, I stopped by briefly at the Vancouver Dyke March. It was really cool with live music by lesbian performers. It was at Grandview Park and there were so many cute dogs there! I have to admit, some of those lesbians really looked like guys...and cute guys at that! Hmm...since I found a woman sexually attractive, does that make me straight?! hahah

Yesterday I went to the Pride Parade and it was totally crazy! So many people were packed onto Denman Street. I waited through three PACKED buses at Granville before I could get on one going near the parade. So many tourists were there as well. I was grinding up to this larger woman on the bus, and with such a hot day yesterday, I felt every bead of sweat on her back! ahhhhh! haha

Trying to get free stuff was totally fun. I tried yelling the loudest as people with the swag were walking by in the parade. Some people from Ginch Gonch were there and they were throwing t-shirts! But unfortunately I wasn't destined to be so lucky :-(

I did manage to get a "mardi gras" bead necklace, a pack of playing cards, tattoos, and a Dr. Pepper! The Japanese girls next to me there a lot louder than me, so they got more stuff than me :-( haha

After the parade, I went to the festival at Sunset beach and got me a pride bracelet, a bag of chips and a button from the Centre. All cool stuff!

There was a tent set up for free sunscreen which I took advantage of. Unfortunately, I forgot to apply some onto the back of my neck and today I realized that I got a nasty sunburn there.

I went by the Lesbian and Gay Choir booth and met in person someone who I only met online previously. It kinda weird to see someone that you know but don't know in person. It was great to meet him for real. I also got a free CD of their past performances as well!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home